“My favorite time of year to visit is in the fall!”
“If you like OC in summer, wait until you visit in the fall.”
“There’s nothing like an autumn beach trip!”
We hear it all the time -- many visitors believe fall is the perfect time of year for a trip to town. And you know what? They are not wrong. The sizzling summer heat has faded away leaving warm days and cool breezes. The crowds have died down and dispersed, the water has spent all summer warming up, and many of your favorite businesses are still open for business. But if that’s not reason enough, here’s a list of fun activities that will have you falling in love with OC this autumn.
- With fewer crowds than the summer months, the beaches are wide open for enjoying! Even better, the sunrises and sunsets are gorgeous any time of year. Make sure to take some time to relax and enjoy the view!
- One of the best things about remote work and learning is that you can do it from anywhere, including your happy place. Click here for information on how to bring your studies to the shore.
- On chillier days, there’s nothing cozier than curling up with a cup of hot coffee and listening to the waves crash. Bliss = achieved!
- The fall is the perfect time to enjoy all the Boardwalk has to offer. Take advantage of the less crowded boards with a stroll, or leisurely bicycle ride!
- Spend an afternoon curled up with a good book on the beach. If you or your kids are still in school, there’s no better place to study than at the shore.
- Snuggle up with your loved ones and spend some time around a roaring fire. To get your permit, visit ocbonfires.com
- Is there anything better than enjoying dinner and a drink with a lovely fall breeze? Check here for any current dining restrictions before making your dinner reservations!
- What’s the one thing that could make the beach even better? How about bringing your best furry friend along for the fun. Starting on Oct. 1, pets are allowed on the beach and Boardwalk at any time until April 30!
- If you’re up for a day trip, OCMD has great neighbors, like Berlin. Berlin is famous for being “America’s Coolest Small Town,” and has some great small businesses to check out and support.
- Spend some time shopping in Ocean City’s selection of boutiques and outlets. With so many great options, you’re sure to find your new favorite item!
- For all you craft beer lovers, head to one of our local breweries or brewpubs for some micro-brewed goodness. Or take advantage of the craft beer on tap at more than 200 of our restaurants and bars.
- On days when the weather may not cooperate, go mini-golfing at one of our two indoor courses.
- Spend a day mastering the art of flying a kite! If you’re in need of supplies, consider swinging by the Kite Loft.
- Though the fall events schedule is a little different than in years past, keep an eye out for all the fun updates at ococean.com
- The cooler weather makes OCMD the perfect place for your fall golfing trip. Check out our 17 championship courses and get planning now!
- With water all around, Ocean City is a fishing paradise! Enjoy surf fishing, fishing off one of our many public piers or even the thrill of dropping a line off a boat while on the open water.
- Unless you sleep well in 90 degree weather, fall is probably your best bet to try to snooze under the stars. Whether tents are your style or cabins are your thing, there are a variety of different campsites to choose from.
- If you’re looking for water activities, your options are endless. Between taking a boat ride, trying stand-up paddleboarding, or even renting a kayak for the day, there’s so much fun to be had!
- Take a day trip to explore Assateague Island. There’s nothing cooler than seeing the wild ponies in their own habitat! When you’re on the Island, be sure to take advantage of their great walking trails to get lost in nature.
The safety of OCMD’s residents and visitors is our number one priority. Click here for a list of activities that help maintain physical distance.