If your family is looking for a getaway, Ocean City is a great destination for your spring break vacation.
Although the weather is milder in the early spring months, Ocean City is more than just 10 miles of beautiful beach. From indoor mini-golf to playgrounds, there’s something for everyone waiting to be discovered!
Parks and Playgrounds
One of Ocean City’s best-kept secrets is an array of parks and playgrounds with amenities ranging from professional-grade tennis courts to awesome picnic areas.
Nature + Outdoors
Spring is the perfect time of year to explore some of Ocean City’s outdoor locations before you start spending your afternoons on the beach. Check out some of these options to spend some time outside:
- Drive to Assateague Island and spend the day checking out wild ponies on the shore, or even exploring secluded marshlands. If you’re really committed to the great outdoors, you could even pitch a tent on the shore for the night. Heads up: Campsite reservations are required during the Spring months!
- Take your afternoon bayside for a kayaking excursion! For rental companies, click here.
Activities for Cooler Days
Spring weather is sometimes unpredictable. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with a ton of fun indoor activities.
Culture + Entertainment
- Swing by the Life-Saving Station Museum.
- Head to the OC Center for the Arts to take in the work of some regionally esteemed artists. The Center features multiple gallery spaces and even a pottery studio!
- Drive over to Salisbury for The Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art.
- See a show at the Ocean City Performing Arts Center.
- Let imaginations run wild at Delmarva Discovery Center, an Atlantic museum full of interactive family-friendly exhibits!
- Catch a flick at Sun & Surf Cinema. (Pro tip: they have discounted tickets on Tuesdays!)
- Not only is there a world of oddities in-store at Ripley’s Believe It or Not, but there’s also a Marvelous Mirror Maze and Impossible LaserRace to enjoy!
- Have a little healthy competition at one of Old Pro’s indoor Golf Courses.
- Experience the Carousel’s indoor Ice Skating Rink.
- Check out the indoor sports facilities at Northside Park.
- Spring is the perfect time to hit the Boards. Rent bicycles from Bike World to ride in style.
See more from OCMD Rec and Parks here!
- Gear up for summer at K-Coast Surf Shop.
- Hit the Ocean City Outlets to shop over 30 name-brand stores!
- Explore all of the offerings of The Kite Loft. If you’re lucky enough to be in town during the International Kite Festival, it’s a can’t miss event!
- No trip to the beach is complete without a stop at a classic beach gear store, like Sunsations or Shade Shack.
Don’t want to leave the pup at home? You’re in luck. Bring the whole family out for your vacation! Spring is the perfect time to bring a dog to town, as leashed pets are allowed on the beach and Boardwalk prior to the official summer season (May 1). The town also has an official Dog Playground for access cardholders.