Ocean City is the Perfect Place for All Groups!
Start with one of America's cleanest beaches and best boardwalks. Now add outstanding championship golf courses. Legendary wild horses and more than 250 bird species. A strong sense of history (complete with antiquing).
Ocean City, Maryland, offers so much for your group. Serious shopping, from antiquing to one-of-a-kind boutiques to national outlets. World-renowned deep-sea fishing. Museums that explore our maritime, African-American, Native American and 19th century heritage. And, of course, OC offers plenty of hotels, vacation rentals, venues, restaurants and amusements for events, reunions or getaways of any kind.
For assistance in planning your tour or event, contact Norma Dobrowolski at [email protected] or call (410) 289-2800.
How do I begin planning a trip to the Ocean City area?
Start by checking out our website or contacting us at the Ocean City Department of Tourism Convention and Visitor Bureau. For groups that need multiple rooms, planned meals or tour options, we can put you in direct contact with our hospitality members, including hotels, restaurants and attractions. Together, you'll be able to plan what you need based on the options our members can provide, which will make planning your group trip quicker and easier.
Something for every group
- 10 miles of beautiful ocean beaches (No beach fees!)
- World famous 3 mile Boardwalk with arcades and amusements
- Free weekly events all summer long!
- A wide selection of hotels and vacation rentals to fit every budget
- Sightseeing and nature cruises
- Dozens of miniature golf courses
- Outlet shopping and specialty shops
- Surf and deep-sea fishing
- Boating and watersports
- Kayaking and paddleboarding
- Museums and cultural touring
- Fine dining to fun boardwalk eats
Ocean City is home to many festivals and events including Springfest, Sunfest and Winterfest. These year-round events along with attractive spring, fall and winter rates, make us a top group destination!
Student & performance groups
- Environmental Learning: Assateague Island and wild ponies, Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, Delmarva Discover Center
- Historical Learning: OC Life-Saving Station Museum and Harriet Tubman, NASA Wallops Island Flight Facility
- Outdoor Adventures: Kayaking and paddleboard outfitters
- Boardwalk games, rides, & amusements
Ocean City is a member in good standing with SYTA, the Student Youth Travel Association. Ocean City also holds memberships with national and regional motorcoach and tour associations.
Performance Groups are discovering Ocean City as a great place to showcase their talents, as well as enjoy the seaside resort!
- Performing Arts Center in the Roland E. Powell Convention Center
- Somerset Street Plaza-a pedestrian way right off the Boardwalk with the quaint main street feel.
- Sunset Park at S. Division St. & the Bay-this outdoor pavilion facility offers beautiful sunsets in a bayside setting.
- Areas may require fees, insurance and special permits.
Ocean City is pleased to partner with local community and environmental organizations. Visiting groups may wish to avail themselves to the following 'Voluntourism' opportunities.
- Diakonia serves the Ocean City area by providing emergency housing, food assistance, and resource connections. Diakonia's programs offer assistance to homeless and at risk individuals and families.
- MD Coastal Bays Program is a National Estuary Program of local and national partnerships. Volunteer Projects may include clean up sites, tree planting and more.
Inlet / Boardwalk Pick-up & Drop-off
Inlet Lot Address: 809 S. Atlantic Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842
Motorcoaches are able to park in the Inlet Lot between November 1st - April 30th. Please be aware that Ocean City's paid parking season and automatic camera system begins on April 1st - October 31st.
All parking fees for Inlet Lot use or Municipal lot use still occur with Bus Permit
See below for Pay by Plate Parking details.
Pay by Plate Parking
Paid Parking Season & Rates:
April 1st – October 31st – $3.00 per hour
0 – 30 minutes FREE – for all vehicles, including Handicapped
Motorcoaches using Ocean City’s Inlet Beach Parking Lot for drop-offs and pick-ups should be aware that while your driver still has 30 minutes to unload passengers without a fee, there is a new License Plate Recognition System in place that will automatically record the time the vehicle enters the lot. This means that for any minutes over 30, the driver will need to use a credit card, quarters or Park Mobile phone app for payment.
If minutes are over 30 and payment is not made, a ticket will be mailed to registered vehicle owner for time used plus a $25.00 fine. (This applies to all vehicles, not just motorcoaches) Traffic lanes remain the same and coaches should still find easy accessibility. As always Ocean City appreciates your motorcoach business and welcomes you.
West Ocean City Park & Ride
West Ocean City Park and Ride Address: 12848 Ocean Gateway, Ocean City, MD 21842
Once your motorcoach has made a drop off in Ocean City, Park & Ride is available right outside of Ocean City. Cross the U.S. 50 bridge westbound, then look for the lot on your left. You can park in the oversized area (with a permit issued by Dept of Tourism/CVB & $10.00 permit processing fee) On selected event dates, this municipal lot has public restrooms, and provides all-day shuttle service back to Ocean City for just $3.00 per day. (This is a seasonal lot.) For more information on the West Ocean City Park and Ride, click here. There is to be no running of motors at the West OC Park & Ride facility. We strive to be good neighbors to surrounding residents.
Please click here to view a map of the West Ocean City Park & Ride facility with parking instructions for oversized vehicles and buses.
Special Springfest/Sunfest Information
The Inlet Parking Area is not available to buses during Springfest and Sunfest. To drop off your passengers, head south toward the Inlet on Philadelphia Avenue, making sure that you're in one of the two left lanes. At the intersection of Philadelphia and Baltimore Avenues, the police will direct you north on Baltimore toward Trimper's Amusements, where you can drop your passengers off near the Roller Coaster. From there, it's a very short block on S. First St. to walk the pedestrian plaza to the Sunfest activities, just head toward the Tram Station pavillion and you will be right there!
To park your bus, take U.S. 50 west over the bridge to the West Ocean City Park & Ride. Use the oversized parking area, then feel free to take the shuttle back to town to enjoy Sunfest yourself. Tickets are $3 per day, and the shuttle runs all day. Please note that Ocean City strives to be a green city, so we ask you please not run your motor while you're parked in this area.