- Getting Around OC
Coastal Highway "Beach Bus"
NOTE: Use of public transit is for essential travel only; Ride at your own risk; Facial covering is required to ride; Practice physical distancing; Seated loads only, no standees; Disinfectant wipes available for use.
A $3 Ride-All-Day pass allows you to ride from 6:00 a.m. until 6:00 a.m. the next morning. Our friendly and knowledgeable drivers will be glad to take you down to our South Division Street Transit Center or to the North end Transit Center or anywhere in-between. Getting around OC is now easier than ever!
- Coastal Highway Beach Buses - S. Division Street Transit Station to/from 144th Street Transit Station.
- Track your bus in real time with Ocean City's new bus locator. It's fast, reliable and easy to use! There are two ways to find the bus:
- Download the TransLoc Rider App for iPhone or Android, or click here for the mobile web map.
- Text your Bus Stop ID number to 414-11 when you're at the bus stop.
The Bus – "Express Service" - CLOSED
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
The Boardwalk Tram
- Due to Coronavirus COVID-19: A mask covering the nose and mouth is required to be worn while on the Boardwalk Tram and at boarding locations; Physical distancing is encouraged; Failure to comply may result in trip denial or removal from the Boardwalk Tram; Disinfectant is available for use; Ride at your own discretion and risk.
- TRAM SERVICE WILL RETURN ON MAY 28 FOR THE 2021 SEASON.
The ocean breeze, beach, sand, and family atmosphere are just a few of the reasons why you will want to ride the Ocean City boardwalk trams during your visit to Ocean City! The comfortable boardwalk trams can take you the whole length of the boardwalk, which travels from the Inlet to the North Booth at 27th Street. The Boardwalk tram will stop at most any location along the route to load or discharge passengers. The best part of the half-hour ride will be the detour that takes you on the pier close to the ocean where you can see, hear, and sometimes even feel the ocean water. Now you know you are in Ocean City, Maryland!
- Tram fare is $4.00 per person, per boarding, one way ride. Discount fare punch cards are available at $26.00 for 8 rides. Inquire at either Tram Station or with a Tram Conductor.
- New unlimited ride pass, which costs $8.00, a passenger can get on and off the Boardwalk tram as much as they like between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily. The unlimited ride pass will not be available during Springfest, Memorial Day Weekend, OC Air Show, July 4th, Labor Day weekend, or Sunfest. Unlimited ride passes will be sold at both north and south ticket booths and on any tram.
- Please note: The tram operation is subject to prevailing weather conditions. See the station operators or call (410) 289-5311 or (410) 723-1606 for further information.
Getting around Ocean City won't break your vacation budget. In fact, it will only cost you a few dollars! It's the 'Best Value" ride! Ocean City municipal buses travel along Coastal Highway 7 days a week, and you can ride for just $3.00 per day. Our safe and clean buses are reliable and convenient and offer multiple stops along Coastal Highway, so your favorite OC attractions are easily accessible and within walking distance. Ocean City buses also run to and from the West Ocean City Park & Ride facility seasonally. After all, you're on vacation; why not give your car a break as well?
West Ocean City Park & Ride Shuttle Service - CLOSED
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
NOTE: Bus service to/from the West Ocean City Park N Ride Transit Station and South Division Street Transit Station is being provided by Shore Transit Sunday thru Saturday. Refer to Shore Transit service schedule for arrival and departure times. Shore Transit regular bus fare is $3 per boarding. ➢ Public Restrooms are closed at this location until further notice
While you’re in town, why not give your car a vacation, too? The West Ocean City Park & Ride offers FREE ample parking at 12848 Ocean Gateway. Not only is the parking free, but the lot offers spectacular scenic views of the bay, surrounding wetlands, the Ocean City skyline and of course, the gorgeous sunsets Ocean City is known for. Visit the octagon gazebos for amazing bird-watching. And be sure to read the interpretive signs and checkout the railroad bridge and brick walkways before catching the shuttle into town.
- The West OC shuttle service is FREE except during special events. Special events shuttle service from the West Ocean City Park & Ride is $3 and includes a Ride-All-Day bus pass.
- The West OC Shuttle service can take you back and forth between the West OC Park & Ride and the S. Division Street Transit Center in downtown Ocean City.
- Please observe posted rules and regulations at the Park & Ride. Restrictions apply
- It shall be unlawful to park any commercial vehicle unless performing services for or on behalf of the Mayor and City Council
- It shall be unlawful to utilize any vehicle for sleeping quarters
- No oversized Parking Allowed “OV-Oversized Vehicles”- longer than 20 feet and trailers will be towed if parked between 3:00 AM and 6:00 AM
- Park in Designated Area Only
- Information on Towed Vehicles Contact 410-723-6608
**When Park n Ride Beach Bus is not in operation in the off-season, transportation to/from South Division Street Station to Park n Ride off Rt. 50 is provided by Shore Transit.
*Please refer to Shore Transit public schedule for additional transportation options.
Paratransit Origin to Destination Service:
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Ocean City Transportation offers origin to destination to eligible disabled residents and visitors of Ocean City. All eligible patrons may call the Dispatch Office at (410) 723-1606 to make a reservation for the Paratransit van 365 days a year. Reservations need to be made at least one business day prior to service. Paratransit service is offered from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily. Our staff of well-trained drivers offers our patrons a safe ride to their destinations. We can even deliver you right to the front entrance of Springfest or Sunfest events. We can also connect you to DART at the North end and Shore Transit at the south end, if necessary.
ADA ParaTransit is $3.00 Ride-All-Day. By appointment/reservation only. Call (410) 723-1606.
Exact change required.
Senior Citizen Bus Passes (Age 60 and Older)
Senior citizen bus passes for residents and property owners, 60 years of age and over are available. The cost of the pass is $7.00 and it is valid for two years. All applications for bus passes and renewals require proof of property ownership or residency, such as an Ocean City tax bill or drivers license with an Ocean City address. Seniors obtaining a pass for the first time must show proof of age in addition to proof of residency. A senior bus pass allows free rides on the buses and paratransit van (if eligible). For more information, call the City Hall receptionist at (410) 289-8221.
A non-resident senior bus pass is available free of charge to anyone 60 years of age or older. This pass will entitle the holder to half-fare passage on the bus and paratransit van (if eligible). The non-resident bus pass is not recognized for reduced or free passage on the trams. For more information, call the Transportation Department at (410) 723-1606 or the City Hall receptionist at (410) 289-8221.