Ocean City, MD’s Public Boat Ramps
If you have a boat, we have convenient ramps. You'll find public Ocean City-area boat ramps at:
- Assateague Island Park (Rt. 611 at Assateague Island Bridge)
- Gum Point Road (off Route 589)
- Ocean City Commercial Harbor (Sunset Avenue in West Ocean City)
64th St. Boat Ramp
- 64th St and Seabay Drive.
- The boat ramp is located at the base of the water tower.
- The ramp is operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Launching and retrieving of vessel is free.
- Pay-to-Park truck/trailer (click here for parking rates) via the on-site Parkeon Kiosk during the in-season, April 1st through October 31st.
- Parking is free during the off-season, November 1st through March 31st.
- Overnight parking is prohibited.
- The Trailer and Towing Vehicle shall be attached at all times.
- Parking spaces are 50 feet in length. Trailer and towing vehicle must be able to fit in a 50 foot space.
- Channel has been dredged and has approximately three foot of draw at low tide.
- More ramp information can be found at the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
Little Salisbury area (87th St., Bering Road)
- You cannot park vehicles/trailers at this location.
- Anyone can utilize the Little Salisbury Boat Ramp.
- There is an automatic gate controlled by an Annual Pass Card.
- The cost of the Annual Pass Card is $50.00 and will be available to purchase at City Hall.
- There is no on-site parking at this ramp.
- The time restrictions for this ramp will be the same as those in the past:
- May 1st thru October 1st – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily
- Month of October – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily
- November thru April – No Restrictions
Boat Trailer parking is prohibited on Public streets and municipal parking lots, except 100th St. (see below).
Check ahead with your hotel, motel or condo about parking space for your boat trailer. Most public marinas in Ocean City, Maryland and the 100th Street Municipal Parking Lot provide boat trailer parking for a modest fee. If it's a last-minute getaway and you don't have time to hitch up your boat, rentals are plentiful at Ocean City marinas. Additionally, small boats can be rented at a number of Ocean City businesses.
Effective 1/1/11, a fishing license is required for the Atlantic Ocean and coastal bays. Call 410-260-3220 or visit here for more information.
However, there are now two free fishing areas on the coast. Northside Park, a town-owned pier and park at 125th Street, and Chicago Avenue, a bulkhead between 2nd and 4th streets, do not require fishing licenses. However, anglers must still register with the state for free online or by phone: 1 (855) 855-3906, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. every day.
Ocean City, Maryland, welcomes families to a captivating opportunity to create lasting bonds through the exciting world of fishing. With its lively…
Are you ready for some angling adventure? Pack your rods and tackle box, because Ocean City, Maryland is the ultimate destination for serious fishing…